Sunday 11 August 2013

So, what the hell is ME?

This article is fascinating and sheds some much needed light on ME/CFS  - its worth a read if you'd like to know more, or understand more.  I've only managed to skim read it so far, my brain isn't really up to absorbing much today, but what it does say is fascinating.  I hate the feeling I get of being helpless with ME.  I've been concentrating in the last few days on trying to keep at least one room clean (the kitchen) and cook good food for me and the children.  I've managed to make a shepherd's pie (and a bolognese sauce for a lasagna at the same time) and roast a chicken - I use frozen veg or preprepared veg a lot, to make this easier, although my children are getting quite good at peeling carrots and potatoes, and Big C is great at doing all the mixing if we bake :-) 

I've been having a very bad few days, I'm really not sure why, although parenting, being with the children full time, and general exhaustion is probably playing a large part in it.  I feel like I've run a marathon, and have done very little in the last few days.  I'm very worried as it appears the joint pain is worsening.  I'm back to really struggling with the acute pain using the stairs, and can barely move my neck.  All this while trying to field the daily battles between 2 children intent on winding each other up - somedays including today I've had enough.

Only a few days to camp now, so I need to get some organising done - my parents will help me to load the car, at this end, and I know I have some lovely mamas and papas who'll help me at the other end.  Just got to get there now, and at least then the children will have plenty to do and plenty of people to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment