Saturday 24 August 2013

We're surviving!

In fact.....shock horror....despite the exhaustion I've been feeling we've really been enjoying the holidays!

We managed our camping trip to the Natural Mamas big camp, which was huge compared to the first 2 years and so lovely! My dear friends there helped by pitching the tent for me and helping me set up, and generally giving me masses of emotional and physical support.  

I'm thrilled that we got to go and catch up with so many of our online friends and meet some new ones.  I took part in a couple of workshops, one of which was with the lovely Phoenix Handcrafts and look at this beautiful (nearly finished) doll I've made - her name is Ceri and she belongs to my dear daughter - I've been recuperating from camp by resting and finishing her off


The children have been with me most of the holidays, as their daddy has been working in the lead up to a big event he's part of at the end of the month, but despite missing my normal recuperating break I've actually really enjoyed all the extra time I've had with them.  They're away for 3 days now and I'm really missing them, but it has given me lots of time to recover from last weekends camping trip, and finish C's doll.  Plus I have loads of other crafting projects I need to get cracking on.  

Physically things are a bit pants, I'm taking more pain relief than I like to, with the accompanying not so pleasant side effects.  I'm more tired than I can describe, and having to rest a lot.  Today is a day of total rest, on recliner or sofa, with a little crochet thrown in.



1 comment:

  1. sorry to hear you are suffering but glad you enjoyed the camping! It's worth pushing ourselves sometimes so we can feel 'normal' but the payback is rough..

    ReplyDelete